The city is dotted with shopping areas that are perfect for retail therapy. One can take the airport cabs Bangalore to reach any of these destinations from the airport.
Below are the top 10 shopping locations in Bangalore
1) Chickpet: Located in South Bangalore, Chickpet has a multitude of shops specialising in silk sarees, brassware and jewellery. Some of the top names include Mysore Silk Emporium for sarees and Prabhat Fancy store for trinkets.
2) UB City: Located on Vittal Mallya Road, it has been nicknamed the luxury mall as you’ll find the top names in fashion such as Louis Vitton and Jimmy Choo. Some of the items that can be found here include bags, clothes, shoes and jewellery.
3) Commercial Street: Located in the heart of the city, Commercial street is a thrifty shopper’s paradise with its budget style shops. Best explored on foot, some of the shops to watch out for include ‘Naughtee’ and Shirdi Footwear.
4) 100 Feet Road: Located in Indiranagar, 100 Feet Road is home to numerous shops most of which cater to the high-end clothing brands. Some of the names that one would find include Kazo for party wear and Brook Brothers for men’s wear.
5) Dubai Plaza: Located on Rest House Road, Dubai plaza is a misnomer with many of the items finding their origin in Bangkok. It’s well-known for phones, budget clothing and accessories. The Tibetan Plaza, located in the basement area is a place known for its stylish clothing items.
6) Phoenix Market City: Located on Whitefield Main Road, Phoenix Market City is spread across a space of over 1.4 million square feet. With over 270 shops, all the big brands in the country have set up shop here such as The Raymond Shop and Tanishq.
7) Koramangala: Located in South-East Bangalore, Koramangala is fast becoming one of the biggest shopping centres in Bangalore. From competitively priced clothing to perfect knock-off imported from Taiwan, Koramangala has it all. Some of the places to watch out for include Tibetan Mall and Forum Mall.
8) Marathahalli: Located on the South-East side of the city, most of the action takes place at Varthur road which is known for its factory outlets of famous brands. Most of these places will have signs of discounts including brands like Nike, Adidas and Levis.
9) Jayanagar 4th Block: Located in Jayanagar, this area is popularly known simply as 4th block complex. It’s the flea market of South Bangalore and is the ultimate panacea for the shopaholic within.
10) S P Road: Located in Dodpete, SP road is a long row of shops that deal exclusively with computers and their accessories. With a few main distributors, the competition is tough with all the shops eager to sell you their product.
If one wants to binge shop across different locations, it may be difficult use the airport drop Bangalore option. Instead, one can opt for a self-drive car such as Zoomcar that is available at the airport itself.