Drones are a great piece of technology and they can be used for so many things. Currently, drones are being used by people who fly them for hobby and like to shoot aerial footage or videos. Many Hollywood movies use these drones to shoot a lot of footage and why not? These drones come with a great camera and can produce great-looking footage as well.
In this post, we will talk about drones that follow people using their follow me feature and these drones can shoot videos by following a specified subject. Let’s take a look at the top 5 drones that come with follow-me features that you can use for travel.
The Mavic Pro is one of the most sought-after drones from DJI since it is very compact and comes with a 4K camera. It has a large range of 4.3 miles and comes with features like high precision satellite navigation.
The DJI Mavic Pro also comes with great flight controls and it has one of the best autopilot modes in a drone out there. This feature of the great autopilot mode also makes it a great Follow Me drone. It comes with a bunch of autopilot modes that is used for the Follow Me function.
The Mavic Pro uses the ActiveTrack technology which lets you use the following modes.
- Spotlight: You can use this mode in order to make the drone either circle, follow behind or from the front of the subject.
- Profile: This mode allows you to make the drone fly side by side to the moving subject giving you the ability to record the footage while the drone is alongside the subject while moving.
- TapFly: You can use the DJI Go app to mark the path that the drone will use in order to follow the subject.
- Trace: This follow-me mode is useful when you want the drone’s camera to be focused on you while the drone is flying in a path that you choose. You can use the remote control to change the path of the drone while keeping the camera on the subject.
- Terrain Follow: You can use this mode to set the flying level of the drone and the drone will keep following the subject on the set level no matter how high or how low the ground will be.
The DJI Mavic Pro is a great compact drone and you can buy the DJI Mavic Pro combo which comes with the drone, 2 extra batteries, 2 extra propellers, 2 charging hub, 1 car charger, 1 battery to power bank adaptor and a shoulder bag.
The DJI Inspire 2 is a professional-grade drone that is used mostly for filming purposes. A lot of Hollywood movies use this drone in order to get those amazing Follow Me shots and this is exactly why we are mentioning this drone.
The DJI Inspire 2 also uses ActiveTrack technology just like DJI Mavic Pro and comes with a bunch of follow me modes that you can check below.
The Inspire 2 comes at a great price and has movie production-level features so the money you will spend on the drone will be well worth it.
The Yuneec Typhoon H Pro comes with six rotors, a 360-degree gimbal camera, a retractable landing great, and more. It is one of the best drones out there and comes with Intel RealSense Technology. It can also shoot 4K videos and do a lot more things. You can use this drone as a Follow Me drone.
The drone can work as a follow-me drone using the GPS transmitter it comes with and apart from that it can use the GSC follow me mode for the very same purpose. It has a bunch of following me modes which you can check below.
- Orbit: The drone can follow the subject in a circular path by keeping the camera focused on the subject. This mode will make the drone fly around the subject in a circular manner and the camera will be able to shoot the video of this path.
- Watch Me: This mode literally follows you no matter what path you take. All you need to do is put the camera in Watch Me mode and that is all, the drone will be able to follow the subject depending on the path that the subject follows.
- Journey: This mode will let the drone fly up to 150 feet in the air where the drone’s camera will take a shot of the subject. Point of Interest: You can choose a subject that the drone will follow automatically in an orbital pattern.
- Curve Cable: This mode lets you program a route and apply it to the drone and after the path has been specified, the drone will follow the path and shoot video along the way in a specified manner.
With so many modes, a great 4K video camera, a 360-degree gimbal, and more, the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro becomes a great drone that you can use as a follow-me drone.
The Yuneec Breeze is a very unique drone that you can control using your iPhone or your Android device. The drone comes with a Breeze Cam app that works on your smartphone and controls the drone.
The drone itself has a 4K camera that can also transmit a 720p HD video live stream while the drone is in the air to your smartphone. It is a very compact drone that comes with a bunch of follow-me features.
The Yuneec Breeze has the following follow me modes that you can use.
- Follow Me: As the name suggests, the drone will follow you in this mode using the GPS to track your movement and follow the path that you’re following.
- Orbit: In this mode, the drone will orbit around the subject that you set. It can be something else that the drone has to follow or it can be you.
- Selfie mode: The drone will fly up in the air at a level you have set and then shoot a picture of you as a selfie.
- Journey: In this mode, the drone will follow a trajectory in which it will fly away from you and then come back to you.
The Yuneec Breeze is a very easy to use, cost-efficient drone with features like extra safety sensors built in so that the users can fly this drone easily.
The DJI Spark was launched in 2017 and the company built the drone especially for users who want to take aerial selfies and use the drone as a Follow Me drone. Even though the drone was built to follow my purposes, it still comes with features like dual GPS, return to home feature, safety systems, and other features like obstacle detection.
The drone comes with a bunch of follow me modes and you can know about these modes below.
- Quick Shots: This mode has a bunch of sub-modes.
- Rocket: This mode will make the drone fly up in the air with the camera pointed down on you or the subject replicating the camera shot of what you get on a rocket when it flies upwards.
- Circle: The drone will circle the subject in this mode recording shots that show the footage around the subject.
- Helix: This mode is interesting since in this mode the drone will fly upwards and spiral around the subject.
- Dronie: This will let the drone shoot a video with the camera locked on the subject. The drone will fly backward while ascending higher in the air.
- TapFly: You can tap and set a path for the drone to follow and the drone will follow you on the path you have set.
The DJI Spark is a great compact drone just like the Mavic Pro and it comes with features specifically for follow me and selfie functions.
These two the top 5 follow me drone that you can use for travel. Each of these drones has the ability to follow you and hence you can use these as follow me drones. Both DJI and Yuneec are great companies and they have a huge customer base that is satisfied with the products. Choose any of the mentioned drones and you will get the value that you’re buying these drones for.