Maha Shivratri is a hindu festival dedicated to worship Lord Shiva. People celebrate the festival by doing puja in temple, doing fast. Maha Shivratri is incomplete without without Bhang. Bhang is a integral part of india tradition and is an intoxicant and is used by godmen to meditate for long time and achieve state of trance.
How is bhaang made?
Bhang is made by mixing crushed leaves, flowers of the female cannabis plant, buds with ghee and spices. This mixture is then blended with milk to make Thandai or Bhang. Thandai is comparatively safe than Bhang as you can make Thandai without the use of cannabis plant.
Checkout This Crazy Effects Of Bhang On Your Body
Since ancient time Drinking bhang is a tradition for its medicinal properties. Cannabis if consumed in very little quantity has many health benefits like preventing carcinogenesis and easing pain. However Bhang has side effects if you consume it in more quantity.
1) Induces psychosis :- Drinking too much bhaang can lead to excitement, uncooperativeness, hallucinations, grandiosity and disorientation.
2) Increases heart rate and alters blood pressure :- Even though their is no research that prove Bhang increases blood pressure but different studies have proved that cannabis which is very important part of bhang can alter your blood pressure and increase your heart rate.
3) Makes you feel good :- Due to presence of cannabis you get that happy wali feeling (good feeling) and can relieve pain from body and can take you into a trance.
4) Does not kill you :- Even with the presence of cannabis bhang is not fatal. There has been zero death registered till now due to cannabis overdose but a 25 year old boy was kill because of overdoes of bhang. This boy was already suffering from rheumatic heart disease. He consumed 300 ml of bhang and died in just 24 hours.
Things to remember before drinking bhaang :-
1) Never consume bhang with empty stomach.
2) Never trip of two different things which gives you high feeling. If you are consuming Bhang then don’t have alcohol if you are having heart problem.
3) Keep bhang away from children.