Last Updated by
Looking for Most famous Church in Mumbai? During Christmas you will be in Mumbai and want to celebrate your Christmas traditionally in Mumbai then there are many churches to enjoy your Christmas Eve. The city has a Catholic community, with abundant churches where you can enjoy till midnight. However, due to noise restrictions, most of the mass is over before midnight.
The listed Mumbai churches are famous for their services on Christmas evening. Thousands of people attend the ceremony in each church, so you have gone little early to vacant your space.
Here is the list of famous churches of Mumbai to enjoy Christmas:
- Lady of Immaculate Conception, Borivali – Church in Mumbai
- For those in the outskirts of Mumbai at Christmas, this is the excellent option for you.
- The Lady of Immaculate Conception is one of the Mumbai’s old churches and very popular for its Christmas. Approx. 12000 people attain the programme in recent years. It’s mass start at 10 p.m, after choruses at 9.30 p.m.
- Address: Shree Aurobindo Marg, I C Colony, Mount Poinsur, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400103
- Phone: 91 22 28931360 /1846
- Website: www.icchurchborivali.org.
- Saint Andrew’s Church, Bandra
- Approximately in 1575, the church of St. Andrew was built at the dawn of Christianity in Mumbai. It has a unique Portuguese style front gate with two bell towers.
- It is a good alternative for those who are not able to get seats at Saint Mary’s or Saint Peter’s church. It built near the seashore and the first church in Bandra until 1620.
- The Christmas mass starts at 10.30 p.m. at this place.
- Address: 115, Hill Road, Near Holy Family Hospital, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050, India
- Phone: +91 22 2642 3680/26427840/26415252
- Website: http://standrewchurch.in
- Saint Peter’s Church, Bandra
- St. Peter’s Parish, is a Jesuit Parish and run by Priests who belong to the Society of Jesus. It is known and popular due to its Christmas mass.
- It is an attractive church, built in Romanesque grace, with beautiful interiors.
- The service starts at 10.00 p.m. with carols.
- Address: Hill Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai 400 050. INDIA.
- Phone: +91 22 2642 3098
- Website: www.stpetersbandra.org
- Mount Mary’s Basilica, Bandra
- Mount Mary’s midnight mass is most popular in Bandra. It starts with carols at 11.30 p.m., as it takes place indoors.
- The church located on a small hill overlooking the ocean, close to Bandra Bandstand. Its building is around 100 years old, and its statue of the mother Mary dates back to the 16th century.
- Address: Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400050
- Phone: 022 2642 3152
- Website: www.mountmarybasilicabandra.in
- Saint Michael’s Church, Mahim
- Saint Michael’s is one of the former Catholic churches in Mumbai as well as in India. It is considered that it was built in the 16th century, but its current building was constructed in 1973.
- The Christmas mass of this church is very popular and starts with carol singing at 11 p.m. The church has attractive decoration and a market occupying the roadway out the front.
- Address: Lady Jamshedji Road, Mahim West, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 016
- Phone: 022 2445 4483
- Website: www.stmichaelsmahim.com
- Gloria Church, Byculla
- It is one of the earliest Roman Catholic churches in Mumbai. Gloria church is built in Gothic style along with the design of Canterbury Church in England.
- It dates back to 1572 but then after it was shifted to Byculla in 1910. It has four towers that are the tallest church towers in Mumbai. On Christmas Eve mass start after Carol singing at 11.30 p.m.
- Address: Sant Savata Mali Marg, Byculla East, Mazgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400027
- Phone: 022 2372 6630
Also View : Merry Christmas Wishes
- Saint Thomas’s Cathedral, Fort – Church in Mumbai
- It is named in honor of Saint Thomas the Apostle. This towering white church, famous for its stained glass work.
- It was the first Anglican Church in Mumbai and 299-year-old. Mass starts at 10.30 p.m., and Carol singing starts at 9.30 p.m.
- Address: Veer Nariman Road, near Horniman Circle Gardens and Flora Fountain, Fort., Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Phone: 22 2202 4482.
We wish after reading this article; you will get an idea about church in Mumbai to visit on Christmas Eve. We wish you all a merry Christmas.