Prime Minister Narendra Modi has landed in Britain for his three day visit from November 12th to 14th. His visit shall be one of those which will have a significant impact on both the countries through which economical and political ties will be strengthened. He will be in continuous talks with Prime Minister David Cameroon and will also meet top corporate leaders. Few hours back he has landed and he posted it with a tweet.
Reached London. India-UK ties will receive a great impetus. Will attend a wide range of programmes in UK. pic.twitter.com/qWIb3jNFBC
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 12, 2015
The last time any prime minister went was in 2006 and now after nine years Narendra Modi makes a visit.
Here is to do list :
- Numerous agreements will be signed by both the counter parts relating to on development partnership, defense and security, and on energy and climate change to boost ties. Expected on day one itself.
- Deals worth eight to twelve billion pounds where PM Modi is avid to buy 20 more BAE Systems Hawk trainer aircraft to be made in Bengaluru.
- With his maiden visit he will be having lunch with the Queen at Buckingham Palace in London. It is going to be a very special lunch as the Queen has seen the transformation of India since 1952 when she got the reign. The lunch will be on 13th November.
- On the same date itself Modi is going to meet top CEO’s in a round table conference which include top British Giants like Rolls Royce and Vodafone. Meeting with top CEO’s is there to discuss and promote “Make in India campaign”
- Will attend the G20 Summit which is on Saturday in Ankara after inaugurating new statue of 12th century philosopher Basaveshwara as well as a new Ambedkar memorial in London.
- His last item on the to do list shall be the visit to Tata Motors’ owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) factory in Solihull, in the West Midlands region of England.